In all industries, when you have power, it comes with some level of responsibility. This is the same case with content marketing and when working with keywords. Keywords will give you some great power in online marketing, but if you abuse this power, you will have negative results. When you are dealing with popular keywords like internet security 2008 serial, you should find a proper management system for your keywords. Failure to do so will lead to low results and some level of backlash from the key market players in the industry. One of the biggest challenges that marketers face is lack of proper use of keywords and not understanding the keyword density. Keyword stuffing is the main problem and we shall look at some ways to avoid it.
Keyword stuffing is overusing keywords in a single article. This is one of the identified black hat SEO strategies that aim to improving the page rank. The article seems to be filled with keywords that do not even make sense. However, many people have come up with some strategies that will cover this problem and with the hope of being able to trick the search engines. What most marketers do not know is that most search engines have complex algorithms that will help them eliminate any websites that have keyword stuffing. Ideally, the search engines will hardly use keywords after the second occurrence in determination of the relevance of the web page.
Most websites will be forfeited from the SERPs when the search engines detect this mischief of stuffing keywords. In most cases, such pages will not have any useful content, as the main intention is to just get a higher page rank and not provide quality content to the users. This is why you might need to find keyword management tools when dealing with keywords like internet security 2008 serial.
Keyword Stuffing Pitfalls to Avoid
Did you know that there are some marketers who end up stuffing keywords without any ill intention? Most of them have just heard that when you use popular keywords, you will have your web page ranked higher. However, there was no one to guide them on essential matters like the keyword density. Here are key areas that you should be careful with:
- Repetition of keywords and related phrases in a manner that does not appear to be natural.
- Keyword stuffing in your anchor text
- Using keyword blocks and keyword lists
- Use of keyword phrases that have the same meaning in an alternating manner
- Making keywords that are not part of the headline or the title to appear in bold
- Condoning poor grammar so as to impose your keywords
- Including keywords that are irrelevant so as to increase page rankings
Avoiding Keyword Stuffing
For those who are genuinely interested in content marketing, there are some guidelines to help you avoid keyword stuffing. Here are some of the practical ways:
- Focus on writing quality content and let the keywords come in naturally without imposing them.
- Be keyword on the keyword density. Generally, you may have a maximum of 2 keywords for every 100 words. This will give you a keyword density of 2%.
- Always remain relevant to the topic. You should always think like a consumer when you are generating your content and you will find it easy to use keywords like internet security 2008 serial.