1. What are Multi-channel Funnels?
With Google Analytics Multi-channel Funnels, you can generate reports from conversion paths, in other words, from user interactions from the 90 days prior to each conversion and transaction.
2. From what date do Multi-channel Funnels record data?
By default, Multi-channel Funnel data is based on conversions, transactions and conversion paths since January 2011.
3. Do Multi-channel Funnels show data in real time?
As data compilation may take up to 2 days, you will not see data from the past 2 days in the reports.
4. What is the maximum of interactions recorded in each conversion path?
Google Analytics can record a maximum of 5000 interactions for each conversion path. There is no limit to the number of conversion paths.
5. How is direct traffic recorded in Multi-channel Funnels?
In Multi-channel Funnels, if there is a direct conversion (if the user writes the site URL in the browser or accesses it from his list of favorites),the conversion is attributed to the direct channel.
6. And is direct traffic recorded in other Google Analytics reports?
No, in other Google Analytics reports, the conversion is attributed to a previous non-direct campaign or source. In other words, if a user accesses a site from a referral, returns directly and converts, the referral source obtains the credit for the conversion (and the direct source is ignored).
7. And how is the referral source recorded in Multi-channel Funnels?
In Multi-channel Funnels, the direct channel gets the credit for the conversion and the referral source is counted as an assist interaction.